Before smart shoppers spend, they invest time researching, searching for more favourable deals and making comparisons before paying for their purchase. But the majority of people don’t even think about how they can more wisely pay for their purchases.
Remember, not all payment modes offer equal benefits, especially when we talk about payments through credit cards. Do you know the card you use can make a big difference in your current and future savings? Yes, before you swipe your credit card, remember these 8 tips and tricks that will save you thousands of dollars.
- Avail Warranty Benefits
Different credit cards offer different warranties which include:
- Reimbursement protection: If you miss out any price drop or sale offers after making a purchase then later you can request a reimbursement for the price difference (benefit) within a certain time frame.
- Theft protection: Under this protection, many credit cards offer minimum $500 coverage after making purchases. If your product gets stolen or damaged within a certain time period generally, 60 to 120 days, you could be eligible to receive compensation.
- Purchase returns: With return guarantee cards you can return your merchandise without any hassle and can save money on it.
- Sign-Up Bonuses: Certain cards reward you for signing up with a slight bonus as a gratitude for doing business with them or as an incentive to use the card.
- Take Advantage Of Zero Percent
Many credit cards offer new users a 0% introductory rate on their purchases. These offers are really beneficial if you want to pay for an item which offers you a payment period of 9 to 21 months because you don’t need to pay any interest during this intro period offered by your credit card.
- Different Purchases Require Different Credit Cards
Different cards offer different types of rewards such as cash back guarantees. Before you go shopping, make a list of your purchases and use different cards accordingly to get the best bang for your buck!
- Avail Benefit Of Concierge Service
If you don’t have time to shop for concert tickets, travel deals, restaurants, or shopping then concierge service is the solution to your hectic routine. You just need to call your concierge number, a 24/7 service, and tell them what you need.
- Cash Protection
Paying with a credit card is a much safer option than paying cash or with a debit card. It offers a card owner zero liability for unauthorised purchases and the financial institution will take the responsibility to resolve the issue.
- Shopping Portals
Many card companies offer their own shopping portals as an incentive for card holders where they can get good discounts and rewards if they shop through it. Typically, it gives you 5% cash back offer, but please refer to your local retailers for their own rates.
- Secured Cards are Safe
Chip cards and the like provide great protection against identity theft. While you are shopping you can keep track of what you spend on your mobile device. If you see purchases you didn’t authorise, you will become immediately aware and can cancel that card to protect yourself from any further impediment on your money.
- Strong Credit History
The longer you use your card, the better it impacts your credit history. Using a credit card is itself a reward. It affects what lower rate you can avail for your future home or car loan and can save you thousands of dollars.
To keep yourself more updated about credit cards latest news or updates, visit United Counselors blog section regularly.